C.S. Graetz and Sons was the first official name to be given to this Company. The company was originally the idea of Edward Graetz, and his father, Clarence Graetz. It started as a blacksmith shop which Edward and his father ran to make farm repairs for farmers in the community. The blacksmith shop grew quickly after 1936 when Clarence and Edward designed and forged the first gutter cleaning apparatus. It was a joint project with a local farmer/relative that was interested in reducing barn chores.
After serving in the armed forces, Emmett Graetz also joined his brother and father in the business. C.S. Graetz and Sons changed its name to Graetz MFG., Inc. in 1959 when Loren and Harold came into the Company. This was the start of the Corporation that we have today. To date there are more than 5,000 piece-part products produced for such industries as farming, aviation, woodworking, sporting activities and shipping.
We service many industries including: